What's the Trending on RV Interiors
Once you’ve narrowed down the type and size of RV you want to venture out in, attention turns to the really fun part: exploring floorplans and interior features. Today’s RVs are amazingly versatile, with feature-packed layouts suited for everyone from young families to empty nesters.
The comforts and conveniences of the home have never traveled so well either; RVing may be an ageless pastime, but design and technology have only accelerated. Practical technology, residential-level luxuries, and everyday comforts are all available in today’s RVs.
Generations of Family Fun in practice
The saying “Generations of Family Fun” inspires a lot of what we do here at Jayco. It even plays into how we develop interiors—continually incorporating features, spaces, and décors that are not only practical for campers of all ages but also excite them. After all, one of the best things about owning an RV is the extra quality time spent with family. Say goodbye to cramped quarters: many of today’s RVs have space (and comfort) to spare. If you want a contemporary look that holds up for your family, look for:
- Some bunk and hide-a-bed models sleep upwards of 10 people—some complete with name-brand mattresses.
- Many models offer kid- and pet-friendly flooring (including stain-resistant carpeting and durable floors).
- There are plenty of supersized storage options—including dinette and under-bed storage and ample kitchen cabinet space with modular shelving.
- Exciting entertainment spaces are perfect for when the outdoor fun dies down—including theater seating in front of big-screen TVs paired with powerful sound systems, comfy game chairs, in-bunk TVs, and board-game-ready tables.
- You’ll find USB charging ports conveniently placed around the coach from the bedside to integrated into seating.
Comfortable camping for everyone
Thanks in part to more residential-inspired features and designs, taking to the road in an RV appeals to more travelers than ever. Weekend warriors or long haulers, big families or couples, travelers of all types can feel right at home with interior touches like these:
- The residential layout and design of many models lend itself to long-term stays that feel even as sweet as home; stylish blinds, high-end appliances and furniture, large panoramic windows, and even sliding glass doors add to the appeal.
- Unwind and sleep like a baby with enviable master bedroom features including name-brand, queen- and king-sized mattresses, blackout roller shades, reading, and night lights.
- Luxury models feature bathrooms you’d be happy to clean up in—with oversized showers and inviting décor and fixtures.
- The fireplaces available in many models offer a cozy place to relax at the end of a long day—and a beautiful design feature.
Some of the amenities in the latest RVs are so contemporary, you may forget you’re in your home away from home. If sleek design and technology are high on your wish list, features like these are sure to catch your attention:
- LED is all the rage—as much for the brilliant light as the long-lasting function. The latest in lighting is available throughout many of today’s RVs—from backlit mirrors to seating areas, gently lit crown molding, and under-counter lights.
- Gorgeous backsplashes, eye-catching kitchen islands, and espresso-colored wood cabinetry are just a few of the décor features that add an indulgent touch to your RV.
- Say goodbye to sub-par appliances that sacrifice space and aesthetics. Modern, luxury RV models feature full-sized, stainless steel appliances to please even the most discerning gourmet.
- If you’re going the motorized route, today’s RVs offer cockpits that are the peak of stylish comfort and equipped with the latest technology like the Jayco-exclusive, touchscreen Garmin® infotainment system powered by Fusion®, now standard on most models.
- No more than ten years ago a Bluetooth®-enabled RV may have been a pipe dream. Not anymore. Many RVs feature entertainment systems that can sync with mobile devices, making listening to your favorite campsite songs easier than ever.
Several 2020 Jayco RVs have undergone interior redesigns, introducing new color schemes and patterns, upgraded amenities, and creative floorplans. Ever wonder what goes into making sure it all comes together with an appealing style? Click their names below to hear directly from the leaders of our interior design teams about their design approach and RV experiences, both business and pleasure.